In this short course, we will help you bridge the gap between manned aviation and becoming a remote pilot and obtaining a RePL (Remote Pilot License).
To achieve this we will look at what you need to know in addition to your manned aviation course.
You will spend up to one day with the Instructor where you will go over the topics below and complete a flight assessment on our Fixed-wing Bixler.
This course complements your day with us and will help you prepare. It will also remain available to you for revision.
- Fixed-wing Aerodynamics – delivered as part of practical with Bixler, emphasis on flying skills (tested)
- Energy Management –(LiPo Batteries) – delivered as part of practical with drone
- Air Law
- CASR101 – discussion of SOC and RePL/ReOC differences
- AC101-01 – refer to and highlight
- Using CIFT and DC for drone NFZ
- Risk Assessment – Discussion of how to conduct an RA using the forms in the Manual
- Bixler 2 – delivered as part of practical assessment with the drone, basic components, Pre-flight checks.
A course manual and flight assessment sheet can be found under the first lesson.
This online course is designed to help you prepare for your Fixed Wing Type Train day with us.
NOTE: Quizzes and a Manual
The videos may refer to quizzes and a Manual.
As a Type Train student, you are not required to complete any Quiz and the Manual does not apply to you. Thanks